Welcome to the Kansas Chapter of the American Planning Association About APA Kansas
The Kansas Chapter of the American Planning Association represents public and private sector planners, planning academics, students, elected officials, and citizen planners throughout the state of Kansas.
2022 APA Kansas Awards Call for Nominations!
It's that time of year again! Time to recognize the great planners and planning work happening in Kansas. The categories are:
- Ad Astra Award, recognizing an individual or institution making a significant long-term contribution to the field of planning in Kansas.
- Pioneer Award, recognizing creativity and innovation in using planning to meet a community need or solve a public problem, in urban or rural areas.
- John Keller Award, recognizing successful implementation of a tool, practice, program, project, or process accomplishing positive change as a result of planning.
- Sodbuster Award, recognizing an individual, appointed official, or an elected official who has advanced or promoted the cause of planning in the public arena.
- New Horizon Award, recognizing a student or student group that pushes the boundaries of planning in creative and innovative ways.
- Meadowlark Award, recognizing an individual, project, or program creating greater awareness of the value of planning to improving a community’s quality of life.
- Great Places in Kansas, recognizing a place of exemplary character and quality that embodies a visionary planning approach.
To learn more or view the application, click here. All nominations are due August 1st!
The Kansas APA Chapter awarded six communities/individuals with a Chapter Award at the Fall 2021 Virtual Conference. To find out more past years' awardees, click here.