Policy and Advocacy
Kansas Legislative Committee Issues Worth Fighting For
In recent years, there have been several bills introduced during Kansas legislative sessions that would directly impact the planning profession. APA Kansas has created a Legislative Committee to track bills and draft letters, as warranted, in support of our profession on behalf of the Chapter.
If you are interested in serving on this committee or helping out on an ad hoc basis, click the button below.
Join the Network
Membership in the Planners' Advocacy Network is free to APA members.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU
- Influence federal and state policy outcomes
- Receive regular policy updates coming out of Washington and state capitols
- Meet with elected officials
- Access exclusive tips, training, and advocacy tools
- Enjoy special registration rates for APA's annual Policy and Advocacy Conference
APA LEGISLATIVE PRIORITIES
Climate change and resiliency, federal data and technology, housing affordability and availability, and surface transportation reauthorization and infrastructure investment top the legislative priority list for planners in 2020.